Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mid-Cycle Ultrasound

My mid-cycle ultrasound on Friday was an emotional experience. I knew there were going to be big results. I had tremendous side effects and I felt more going on down there than I have in any other cycle. Even so, I didn't expect to leave the appointment with teary eyes and a spinning head.

Nurse H did my ultrasound. I knew things were interesting when (as she was looking at the ultrasound screen) she said, "Now remind me, you are not open to selective reduction, right?"

Oh no.

I have 7 eggs total: one 16mm, two 15mm, two 13mm, and two 11mm. Five of those are considered mature enough to be fertilized. Nurse H said I wasn't to the point that they would cancel the cycle, but I am at risk of becoming pregnant with multiples.

Since then, it's been an emotional journey. After talking with Ryan, many prayers and a trip to the temple, we are proceeding with the IUI on Monday.

No comments:

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.