Tuesday, October 19, 2010

God's Promise

I love when I read a new scripture. By new I mean one that I have probably read before, but that takes on a whole new meaning when read again in a different situation or mindset.

I came across this one in Sunday School and it hit me very hard. This is a flat-out promise from God. And God doesn’t break promises. What a comfort this was for me… I’ve probably read it 30 times since Sunday.

Perhaps things may be confusing and heartbreaking now, but God promises they won’t always be that way. No matter what the struggle or situation, I think everyone can gain something from reading this promise.

And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Isaiah 42:16

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's a beautiful verse. Thank you for sharing.

I know I haven't posted much on your blog, but you have been in my thoughts lately. I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you.

Hope said...

Thanks for the hopeful post. I needed that today. I'm glad it's helping you feel hopeful, too.

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.