Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cramps Update

Because of the cramping, Dr. M wanted to go ahead and bring me in, just for my peace of mind. They gave me an appointment late this morning and Ryan came with me.

After a bit of a wait, Dr. M came into the exam room. He asked about the cramps, and then predicted everything would look perfect, but said let’s take a look anyway.

Beanie looks PERFECT, just like he/she has the last *5* times we peeked inside. It is amazing how MUCH our baby looks like a baby now (instead of a blob, or some kind of rodent). We could see so many details (despite using the “jalopy”). For the first time, we even saw the umbilical cord.

I have to tell you, our baby is a cutie. I kept saying to Ryan over and over, “Beanie is just SO cute!”

We saw the probable reason for cramping… It appears Andie's sack deflated quite suddenly in the last week or so. Dr. M thinks that is the issue. But there's no blood in there, so I most likely won't spot, which is good (peace of mind wise).

Dr. M is the best. After he was finished he said, “If you’re scared, just call. We peek inside, you give a sigh of relief and everything’s better! See how easy that is?” I don’t want to do too many unnecessary ultrasounds, but it was good to put my mind at ease. Plus, he called me "skinny". Nice!

Ryan and I grabbed some lunch; during which he remarked with some amazement, “I love seeing you so happy!” I am completely happy, and it’s been a long time since he’s seen me that way. I think he’d forgotten what it looked like.

On the way back to work after my appointment, I was driving behind a car with a license plate holder that read, “God’s blessings are endless”. How true that is! Sometimes you have to wait a LONG time for them, and sometimes they look different than you thought they would, but they do come.

---------------------------

Please pray for my friend, Christine, who just lost her baby at 18 weeks of pregnancy. My heart breaks with hers.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad everything is ok! :) And I LOVE that license plate holder. A coincidence that you saw that after your appt? I dont think so :)

Lil La said...

I've been checking constantly for an update. Sigh of relief. So grateful everything is looking wonderful.

Devastated for your friend. Heartbreaking news. My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Unknown said...

So glad you got some Peace of mind! My prayers are with your friend.

Michele said...

So glad things are going well :)

Sending loving thoughts to your friend...

No Baby Ruth said...

Oh, GOOD! I am so glad that everything is just perfect with Beanie! I had a minor freakout around the 14 week mark and my doctor (still the RE) was happy to check things out. I think they're used to it. :)

Sharon said...

So glad to hear everything is OK and that you have the support of such a lovely doctor!

Our prayers are also with your friend.

A said...

i am so glad everything is okay! i have an ultrasound scheduled at 13w6d to help the local pregnancy center nurses keep up their training, and i cant wait for another keep at our baby!!

The Jensens said...

Yay!! You have an awesome Dr. I am so glad everything is ok. Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy is uneventful!

Tami said...

Yay!!! Wonderful news. You just give me so much hope it will be my turn one day...my heart goes out to your friend...I cannot imagine such a late loss....heart breaking....

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.