Thursday, January 20, 2011

Early Morning Miracle

Last Saturday, I went to lunch with some friends. At the luncheon, I suddenly felt a stabbing pain under my left lung. It was quick, but dramatic and it took my breath away. Later that day, I felt that same pain a couple more times.

The next evening (Sunday), I was laying on the couch watching TV. I am on a new progesterone supplement since I had breakthrough bleeding on the Prometrium. This new stuff (Endometrin) is *strong* and made me tired and crampy within a day or two of beginning it. Those were the only two symptoms I had noticed for the prior week.

Anyway, Sunday I was laying there when I began to feel very weird. The feeling reminded me of how I felt right after our honeymoon cruise (strange that was over 10 years ago, but I still remember this feeling). Immediately after disembarking the ship, I felt slightly nauseated, like my feet were on solid ground but my insides were still rocking. This continued all evening.

Over this week, I began to feel increasingly nauseous. I tried not to get my hopes up too much. I know the Endometrin side effects mimic pregnancy. However, I couldn't deny that I felt very different. I felt full (but still hungry), bloated and shaky inside.

My "test day" was Friday, 14 days after ovulation (and my IUI). Last night, my symptoms felt so strong I asked Ryan his thoughts on testing this morning instead. Surprisingly, he was up for it. We went to bed around 11pm.

At 3am, I woke up needing to pee very badly. I didn't want to take the test so early, especially because Ryan wanted me to wake him up and I felt bad waking him up in the middle of the night. I laid in bed for about a half hour. I couldn't wait anymore. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep until I went to the bathroom (I can't sleep with a full bladder).

Finally, I said out loud, "I'm going to test now." I was shocked to hear Ryan reply, "Thank goodness!" Apparently, he had been tossing and turning for hours, having all kinds of strange dreams, waiting for me to take that test.

The 2 lines came up pretty quickly. I wasn't incredibly surprised (with all the symptoms I've been having), but I was incredibly grateful. Ryan said a prayer of gratitude immediately after we saw the results. Needless to say, we never went back to bed!

We are so thankful for those special priesthood blessings and our friends and family who fasted for us earlier this month. I didn't expressly tell people this, but that was the Sunday before our IUI. We feel so blessed.

Now the waiting game begins. We want nothing more than for this child to join our family sometime around September 30th. :) But that is in Heavenly Father's hands. Having experienced a miscarriage before, I know nothing is guaranteed, and I am just grateful for today.

No comments: