Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Bump in the Road

Back on June 7th, I met with Missy at Dr S' office. She went over the details of my treatment. I had just begun a new cycle, but we weren't financially ready then to get going. Walking out to the parking lot, we decided we would go for it on the very next cycle.

Upon looking at the calendar, I realized that I would be at Girls' Camp when I begin the next cycle. Although I am so excited for Girls' Camp, I was so disappointed to have to wait another month. I have waited so long for this already!!

After sitting in disappointment for three weeks, I decided to call the doctor and see if there was another alternative. Sure enough, there was!

On Day 3 of my next cycle, I would begin taking birth control for 1 week. At the end of that week, I would go in for my ultrasound and we can proceed with treatment from there. So instead of waiting another month, I would just have to wait one week.

I wrestled with the idea of taking birth control for a while. I am anti-birth control after being on it for 3 years and watching it change my cycle permanently. After thinking about it for a while and seeking advice from a friend, I decided to go for it. I mean, with all the hormones I am going to be putting in my body, birth control for 1 week should be the least of my concerns.

I am also trying to trust my fertility clinic. I will still listen to my gut feelings, and be my own advocate, but I am going to treat them like the experts they are. I think sometimes I tend to question everything, which brings on stress and anxiety. Instead, I am trying to relax and let them guide the course. After all, it is their job.

All of this extra planning could be unnecessary anyway. If I start a few days early or a few days late, we can just proceed as planned. If I am right on time, it's nice to know we have another option besides delaying another month.

1 comment:

Luna said...

Sometimes it is just nice to know there is a back-up plan! Yay!