Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What is a Family?

Tonight, I was making cookies for a youth activity. I was watching/listening to the TV show 'The Biggest Loser' while I was baking.

Apparently, for this season, the contestants signed up in teams of two: either a parent and child or a husband and wife.

What I love is that they call the teams 'families'. They are referred to in that manner throughout the show. I think even the title is 'Biggest Loser - Families'. It was so nice hearing this.

Sometimes, I forget that Ryan and I are a 'family', just the two of us. I had always imagined that my family would consist of children. I am sure someday it will. But in the meantime, I need to remember that our family begins with us. Children, when they do come, will be a welcome addition.

1 comment:

James and Kresta said...

Thanks for posting this! I think it's so easy to forget that we can be a family without children. I hope that the counseling is going well for you. Do you have a LDS counselor? Do you feel like he/she can relate to your issues? I have been thinking about talking to a counselor, but I don't even know what they could say to me to make me feel better.

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.