Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering

Yesterday marked one year since we lost our little Appleseed.  Tonight I was telling Ryan everything I could remember about that day.  Of course, I became emotional.  In an attempt to brighten the mood, he said something like, "Look where you are now!"

That is true.  We are weeks (or maybe even days) away from meeting our little girl.  Anyone who knows me, spends time with me, or reads this blog understands how grateful I am for this blessing.

But one does not replace the other, and I still feel sad when I think of the teeny tiny life we lost one year ago.  I just wanted to say in all the excitement of the new life that will be joining us, I have not forgotten the one we lost last September 9th.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I understand what you are saying. I think about my little angel often. I can remember everything too about the time around losing that first baby.
But I am excited that you are so close! (And a little jealous!) Can't wait to hear how you find motherhood. :)

Veronique said...

I've never gone through what you have. But I can say without a doubt that what you are feeling is completely normal. You can never really get over a loss like that... But i'm so happy to know you will meet your little girl soon! Thanks for the update!! :)

Veronique
http://lifeasaluce.blogspot.com/

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.