Monday, April 21, 2008

Only Hope

In the posting Lost , I explained my motivation to document the music that has comforted me over the past five years as I've dealt with infertility. This is another song in my collection.

-------------------------------------------

When I think about my journey with infertility, there is often much confusion. Sometimes, I feel intense frustration, like God is trying to teach me something, that I am supposed to gain something from this trail, and He is waiting for me to learn and grow before I receive this blessing. Too many questions follow...Which direction does He want me go? What should I do next? After five years, I sometimes feel clueless about what exactly He wants from me! I'll do what it takes, but what is it I am supposed to do? I can look back and see how much I've grown over the years and know that there is so much more growing I can do...but I am tired and just want it to be over.

Then, at other times, I feel a warm feeling inside telling me to just turn it over to Him. Don't worry what it is I am supposed to learn, just get through the trial day by day. Survive the hard ones and relish the good ones. He has a plan for me, and I may not know it yet, but I will someday.

Today was one of the hard days. Then, this afternoon, I happened on a song. For some reason, this song spoke to me today. Listening to the words was very emotional for me. I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort.

I want to be what God wants me to be, to be worthy of the blessings I know He has in store for me. He has not forgotten me. And, during those tough days, if hope and faith in Him is all I have to hang on to, then that should be enough.

Only Hope

There's a song that's inside of my soul.
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold.
But You sing to me over and over and over again.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours, I pray, to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope.

Sing to me the song of the stars.
Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again.
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours, I pray, to be only Yours
I know now, You're my only hope.

I give You my destiny.
I'm giving You all of me.
I want Your symphony, singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back.

So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours, I pray, to be only Yours
I pray, to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope.



For all the music postings click here .

No comments:

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.