Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hinkley Wisdom

Written on the chalkboard in Sunday School today:

"Go forward on the assumption that everything works out."

This is a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley... and something I really needed to read today.

I've spent all weekend wondering if I will ever experience pregnancy. If not, that's okay, I just want to know why! Physically, what is wrong with me? With us? I so wish I knew.

Anyway, Gordon B. Hinkley was a prophet and one of the wisest men to ever live. So, I am trying to take his advice and go forward with the assumption that everything will work out. Eventually...

3 comments:

Tarrin said...

I totally understand this! Even though I have two beautiful children brought to us through adoption, I still always wish I knew A reason why we've not been pregnant. I would breathe a sigh of relief (probably not the best wording, but you get my point) if I knew the reason why. Hold on, and know that no matter how they come, YOUR children will get to your family somehow.

{owens} said...

hi, my name is ashley and i just wanted to say thanks so much for your blog, your rule page, and your strength. i'm a lds infertile and it seems like such as oxymoron still. it is SO HARD dealing with all the emotions that come with no being able to have babies. you are so strong and a wonderful example. and i hope to embody as much faith as you..someday on our "journey."

Christine Dallimore said...

I really needed to read this today...Thanks!!!

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.