On Sunday, I taught a lesson to the teenage girls at church. When I opened the manual to see that week's lesson topic, I had to laugh. It was "Overcoming Opposition".
"And the teacher becomes the student..."
The lesson listed 12 things that can help you work through trials. They were:
1. Repentance: Don't carry sins
2. Prayer: Get close to God
3. Service: Loose yourself in helping others
4. Work: Improve yourself
5. Health: Take care of your body
6. Reading: Scriptures and other positive materials
7. Blessings: Ask for them
8. Fasting: Clear the mind and strengthen the spirit
9. Friends: Lean on them
10. Music: Brings about peace
11. Endurance: Remind yourself of past victories
12. Goals: Set them and accomplish them
The lesson suggested if you are experiencing a trial, to concentrate on two or three of the ideas. Sometimes, it feels like all I am doing is #11, but that's okay. It's progress.