Tuesday, January 2, 2007

IUI

Definition of IUI: An IUI -- intrauterine insemination -- is performed by threading a very thin flexible catheter through the cervix and injecting washed sperm directly into the uterus.

I made it through the IUI today. Ryan had to work, so my mom went with me. Ryan called just before to tell me he wished he was there, which was really sweet. Maybe he'll be able to come next time (hopefully, there won't be a next time though!)

Last night, I felt a lot of pulling on my left side, and then this morning I felt the same thing on my right. I hope this is a good sign.

The procedure went well this morning, perfect is what the nurse said. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. There was this internal cramping going on that kind-of made me nauseous, but it wasn't bad. I have survived worse! Afterward, I laid on the table for about 20 minutes. Then I was done!

The nurse said it is certainly possible that all 4 of these eggs fertilize and stick, but it is unlikely. It would really frighten me to have 4 babies at once, but I would do it. Beggars can't be choosers, isn't that how the saying goes?

And now we wait...

No comments:

FAITH IN GOD MEANS HAVING FAITH IN HIS TIMING.